Members Update – 23rd April – Driving Range OpeningPublished on 23rd April 2020 in Guest News, Latest News, Members News
With recent advice from within the industry and government regulations we will be opening the driving range for Members only from this Friday under the below guidelines
- Range Balls to be purchased from the Pro Shop
- 4 practice bays will be defined
- Limit of 4 people permitted on the range (Excludes SWGS coaches and client)
- Please DO NOT use the reserved area for SWGS
Social distancing policy of 2 metres must be maintained at all times plus gatherings of more than 2 people remains prohibited at all times.
The use of the range will be monitored with consideration to introduce a range booking time sheets if necessary (this will be reviewed weekly).
Following a course review yesterday with a concerned course superintendent regarding the lack of care from players fixing plug marks… it is extremely disappointing to find the amount not repaired across the course. Furthermore, given we have been members only for some time all members MUST be accountable and assist with repairing damage caused. We can no longer blame the “Green Fee Player”.
Fix yours and one other is a great way to pay it forward…. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- Effective from this Saturday – Tee time intervals will be decreased to 8min. Please check your tee times as minor changes will be made by 5pm Thursday.
- PLEASE SELECT 9 or 18 Holes when booking your tee time (Select from a drop down box).
- 9 hole players are encouraged to book on the back 9 before 8:30am or after 3pm to allow additional rounds for members wishing to play 18 holes. NOTE: additional back 9 bookings are available 3 days prior at 8pm (eg Saturday back 9 bookings open 8pm Wednesday prior.
- Timesheets continue to open 7 days in advance at 8pm.
- All booking times remain optional for social or competition play. (Note: For competition- both players must enter to be eligible, please arrange with playing partner when booking)
- Reserved competition times continues to be considered and will be re-introduced at some stage soon.
- Other items being reviewed are booking limits per member to ensure all members have access (Please consider– the booking sheet was near capacity the last 7 days with more than 200 members not having played a game…)
- 9 hole competitons are ALL now classed OPEN events with Men and Women competing for the same trophies.
- Competition Scoring – MiScore App scoring preferred – Marker to sign on behalf of the player upon verbal confirmation of final score. Members without a mobile can request a manual card for their playing partner and sign on behalf of the player after verbal confirmation.
See Craig or Des when next at the course for assistance with the MiScore App!!
Competition tee times
- 18 hole comp times- last tee off is 2:30pm (1pm for manual card scorers)
- 9 holes comp times- last tee off 4:00pm (2:30pm for manual card scorers)
- Register for competition entry in the Proshop before play.
- Comp entry for tee times before 9am are MiScore App scoring only and registration occurs upon selecting playing partner to score before tee off (Payment to be made after 9 or 18 holes).
- Results will be available on the website daily from 6:30pm including handicapping updates.
- Prizes will be distributed as per number of entries and determined using the countback system for ties to ensure consistency of prizes allocated.
NOTE: Current access to the course remains as Members only- this will continue to be reviewed weekly based on timesheet bookings available for members.
All Members are reminded of the following to help keep our course open and accessible for as many members as possible during these times including:
- Make sure you comply with government recommendations in regards to health and age warnings.
- Members only permitted to play (No guests permitted at this stage…)
- Maximum of 2 players per group at 8 min intervals
- Please do not arrive more than 5 min before tee time (Please wait in your car if arrive earlier)
- With the reduced tee times, consider playing on other competition days to assist in allowing all members access to tee times.
- Cart usage is one person and one set of clubs. (Excludes family members living in the same household)
- Cart hire fees from the pro shop have been reduced – $20 – 18 holes, $15 9 holes
- No BYO alcohol (Liquor licence regulations)
- We all must follow social distancing regulations stay 1.5m away from another person – no excuses!
- Putting green limited to 2 people at a time
- At the end of your round go home so we adhere to social gathering regulations.
- Current local rules with COVID-19 remain in place to reduce the need to touch golf equipment
- Personal hygiene standards are to be maintained at all times
- If you feel unwell or develop symptoms that include a fever, cough, runny nose or shortness of breath please stay home
All of these directives make it easier for the Club to control our environment and helps keep us compliant and the course open.
As information continues to change, please make sure you comply with staff instructions when coming to the course and check the website regularly for updates.
The suggestion email box welcomes all feedback (please send to firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Finally, thank you to those members for the financial support who have topped up there House Accounts… this is greatly appreciated and helps our cash flow.
Stay safe and good golfing.