Members Update – Coronavirus (COVID-19) – 25 March 2020Published on 23rd March 2020 in Guest News, Latest News, Members News
Update: 25th March 2020
The Minister for Sport & Recreation has confirmed that Golf will continue to be permitted provided strict guidelines and social distancing practices are in place.
As you are aware the Club is complying with all directives of the Government a in relation to the COVID-19 Public Health Order.
Within this order the selling of food or beverages to people is permitted for consumption “On Course” or off the premises.
With competitions being played most days a Kiosk setup has been introduced to remove Proshop traffic and to better supply members with food and beverages for on course.
We continue to follow hygiene standards and recommended social distancing instructions and ask members to comply with any directive given by staff within these conditions.
If Members are on course, and would like a toasted sandwich half way please call the Pro Shop and place an order to enable staff time to prepare.
NOTE: Food and Drinks will be not be available for social gatherings after your round.
- We request that players arrive at the club in only enough time to prepare yourself for your game. Thank you for your co-operation and we hope this update will improve your experience when coming to enjoy your round.
- All seating has been removed, please avoid “gathering in groups” before or after your round as it is expected that golfers must now simply ARRIVE – PLAY – LEAVE
- 1 player per cart only
- Mobile Scoring Transition – No Scorecards – Download the “MiScore” app for Android or Apple and check out how simple it is!!! Keeping golf clean.
Update: 23rd March 2020
On Sunday, March 22 the Australian Government announced a closure – from midday, Monday, March 23 – of all pubs, licenced clubs, bars, restaurants and cafes (dining in), cinemas, casinos, places of worship gyms and indoor sporting venues.
Whilst the situations remaining an ever changing landscape we are working through our operational procedures to implement a number of changes to ensure we meet all the regulations and guidelines set by the Australian Government and Health department.
Competitions and social golf will continue as normal with takeaway food and beverages available from the Pro Shop.
Golf and outdoor recreation continues to be supported by governing bodies and the health department and is seen as a positive for physical and mental health. Members are encouraged to continue to support the club and enjoy the services and competitions available.
The Board will be meeting today to discuss various actions and processes to be implemented over the coming days to ensure we can continue to provide golf and services for our members and guests.
The Club will enforce a strict social distancing policy of 2 metres and it is requested that all Members support the guidelines and procedures.and and will continue to remove as many touch points as possible and further heighten all sanitisation and hygiene procedures.
Please see below for some additional information-
· Encourage Pay Wave or account charge for transactions.
· Proshop limited to a maximum 3 customers at any time.
· Golf Carts restricted to one person.
· Flag must remain in and players not permitted to touch.
· Rakes removed from course (See local rules board for more information)
· All comp cards pre printed for collection from the Proshop)
· Card scanner removed (Cards to be placed in card return box located outside the Proshop on completion of round)
We will continue to update information as received for all members, and request members to check the website for the latest updates.
Update: 13th March 2020
Bunbury Golf Club will closely monitor developments surrounding the outbreak of the Noval Coronavirus COVID-19.
After the World Health Organization officially declared the Coronavirus a global pandemic, the Club will review our upcoming major events.
Prime Minister Scott Morrison today announced that events that attract a crowd of more than 500 people will be banned from Monday to help contain the spread of the illness.
In consultation with our industry partners and considering that all our events have gatherings well under 500, all events and functions will proceed as scheduled at this time. This is subject to change should the risk of transmission increase or the advice from official parties’ change.
The club has reviewed all hygiene policies, cleaning procedures and provided staff with the necessary requirements to ensure our hygiene standards are at the highest level.
The current Australian Government advice is to not travel to China and Iran, to reconsider your need to travel to South Korea and Italy and exercise a high degree of caution if travelling to Japan and Mongolia.
- If you have recently returned from these countries, the club requests that members self-isolate for 14 days, avoiding contact with others including playing golf.
- If you have recently returned from France, Japan or Hong Kong, you must self-monitor which means you can play golf unless you develop a cough or fever.
- If you have had exposure to a possible or confirmed case of COVID-19 you must self-monitor and seek medical review if you develop any symptoms.
- If you are unwell with fever and cough, please seek medical advice and practice self-isolation at home until cleared.
As the Government health department advice is constantly changing, please regularly follow the latest information here.
The health and safety of our Members, staff, volunteers and stakeholders remains at the forefront of our decision-making. We will regularly review our position in light of revised health reports and make any updates as necessary in what is a very fluid situation.