GREENS REPLACEMENT PROGRAMPublished on 7th March 2022 in Course News, Guest News, Members News
Works on the 2nd green will commence on Tuesday the 8th of March as part of the ongoing greens replacement program. A temporary green will be in play for the duration of the time.
The 2nd green was selected due to the access road to the left of the green as this will minimise and damage to the course from earth moving machinery heading into the cooler months.
Works will include
- Removal of the old turf and replacement of the top 250mm of root zone sand.
- Raising of the front right section of the green to allow for more pin positions along with subtle flattening of pinnable areas through the middle section of the green.
- Widening of the 3rd Red/White tee to allow for tee positions and to better handle the extra traffic.
- Additional irrigation will be added to the right hand green surround and walk off areas.
- Irrigation realignment 3rd tee and 1st fairway station for better irrigation coverage.
- Turf for the green will be harvested and laid from the clubs nursery, greens surrounds will be oversowed with Rye grass mixture as done on previous greens.
- Expected timeframe for opening in approx. 6-8weeks – weather dependent.
Golf Course Superintendent.